OLDHAM COUNTY POLICE PRESS RELEASE
On November 23, 2009, at approximately 9:00 PM, Oldham County Police were dispatched to the 3400 block of Pin Oak Lane, on a burglary in progress. A family member (witness) of the homeowner had interupted the burglary in progress, while the suspect was inside the residence. The suspect then fled the residence on foot. An Oldham County Police K9 Officer observed a vehicle in the area being operated by a subject matching the description given by the witness. The Oldham County Police K9 Officer attempted to stop the vehicle. The vehicle then attempted to evade the K9 Officer. A second Oldham County Police Officer was able to intercept the vehicle and stopped the vehicle in 3500 block of Pin Oak Drive, without incident.
The operator of the vehicle was identified as Thomas M. Shutt, a 22 year old white male of Louisville,KY 40213. The was also a 31 year old female passenger of Rineyville kentucky who was not charged in the vehicle.
The driver, Thomas Shutt, was identified by officers and the witness as the burglary suspect. Officers were able to recover items stolen in the burglary and tools used to committ the offense.
Thomas Shutt was arrested by officers and charged with the following offenses:
(1) Burgalry 2nd Degree
(2) Possession of Burglary Tools
(3) Fleeing or Evading Police 1st Degree (Motor Vehicle)
(4) Operating on a Suspended or Revoked Operators License
(5) Possession of Marijuana
(6) Possession of a Controlled Substance 1st Offense (Unspecified)
(7) Possession of Drug Paraphenalia 1st Offense
(8) Tampering with Physical Evidence
(9) Reckless Driving
(10) Operating a Motor Vehicle Under The Influence 1st
(11) Failure to Wear Seat BeltsShould anyone have any further information regarding this incident we ask that you contact the Oldham County Police Department at (502) 222-1300.