HOUSE WATCH PROGRAM
Going on vacation? Leaving town for business? Whatever the reason, being away from your home for any length of time can lead to security concerns. The Oldham County Police Department House Watch program is designed to provide you with peace of mind by placing your address on a increased patrol list. Officers in your area will be instructed to keep a close eye on your property and to conduct area checks more regularly while you are away. Simply complete the information below:
House Watch Guidelines
Please read carefully as non-eligible properties will not be placed on the House watch list.
- Commercial properties, businesses, rental homes, unoccupied homes for sale, etc. are not eligible for the House Watch program.
- The House Watch program is designed only for owners of residential homes that are occupied.
- Residences will not be eligible for the House Watch program if any persons are "house sitting" or otherwise residing in the residence while the homeowner(s) are absent. This does not apply to person(s) feeding pets or stopping by to periodical check on the residence but this information should be listed on the request.
- It is important to fill out the request completely and accurately for safety reasons.
- Requests to be placed on the House Watch list should be made at least 48 hours before the leave date and time.
- Oldham County Police reserves the right to deny and / or remove any House Watch request.
- It is also vital for residents to notify Oldham County Dispatch (502) 222-0111, if they return back to their residence early.